Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Oven Barbecued Spareribs

While rummaging through my freezer, I discovered a package of pork spareribs. I figured I'd better fix them, so I let them thaw in my fridge. Once thawed, I prepped them by removing excess fat & the tissue resting on the bones that can make ribs tough to chew. Once that was done, I cut them into serving size portions. I rubbed them with a mixture of The Spice House Salt Free Barbecue Seasoning, brown sugar, and some garlic powder. Then I placed them in a large roasting pan and covered it with both plastic wrap and aluminum foil and let the ribs sit overnight in the fridge. The next day, I roasted the ribs covered for about an hour at 350 degrees until they were tender. I poured off any excess juice and brushed them with a mixture of honey & Heinz No Salt Added Tomato Ketchup. I turned up the heat to about 450 degrees and roasted the ribs until the glaze was bubbly. Yum!

No comments: